Friday, March 30, 2012

I Love Coming Home

Why I Love Coming Home!
Aside from being within walking distance from the beach, the ocean being right outside my door and my amazing parents, I am always spoiled and greeted with surprises. Normally, there are toys for Layth I would otherwise not buy myself either because of lack of space or funds; my parents are taking great pride in their role as grandparents and spoiling their only grandchild. But this visit was different than other visits, because both Layth and I were greeted with gifts. Mine was awaiting for me when I arrived home, but Layth's were already awaiting him in the car when we were picked up from the airport making the 40 minute car ride an enjoyable one. Rather than trying to convince Layth we would arrive in just a few minutes with our attempts to deceive him, he was already typing away on his new V-Tech Tablet trying to draw letters, find letters, draw shapes and guess them. He could not have been happier, if it were jiddo ( his grandpa) picking us up himself. And so, I was shocked when I arrived him to also be greeted with gifts. Immediately, upon arriving home I took the bags upstairs to see two shoe boxes from Saks awaiting me and a peach colored top. Trying to avoid making contact with them, I distracted myself with putting the luggage in my closet and running back downstairs to tend to Layth ( who was already attacking the toys). And so, when Layth was taking his nap immediately put him in his bed and went straight to the shoe boxes. And inside the boxes were two fabulously colored sandals which feed my shoe addiction perfectly. Normally, I would be worried about downsizing since we're moving in a matter of months, but shoes are well worth the exception. No woman can have too many shoes, because she is always in need of the perfect shoe for that one outfit you do not know you'll soon be wearing!

The boxes and shirt awaiting me when I arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment