Sunday, March 25, 2012

Monkey Bites...yum!!

Hello Everyone!!
This past weekend was one filled with one event after another; Saturday alone we had four events to choose from! Thankfully, we were able to make it to three out of four of them. Although I do regret not attending the fourth event, a rally raising awareness about the opposition in Syria. If it did not happen to conflict with two of the events, and did not take place on a popular street corner, I would not have minded putting Layth in a stroller and protesting along with them. However, there was no guarantee Layth would sit still as Chafeek and I stood there with our signs raising awareness and I could not risk my little lion potentially running into the street. But we still showed our support by driving by the rally, and honking in support of their cause. Prior to the rally, we were invited to a birthday party for Allison ( one of Layth's classmates). The party which was intended to have a fairy tale them ended up taking place in the backyard with all the children either playing in the sand box, on their trampoline or on the swings. Only toward the end of the event did the children partake in the party's scheduled events of taking turns going under the parachute as the parents lifted it up, boxed each other on an inflatable mat as the parents helped and eating tons of birthday cake from Miss Muff'n! Even though the cake was amazing, the one party tray I could not get enough of was what Joanna, the hostess, referred to as monkey bites. This dish consisted of nutella topped with bananas and almonds smeared along shortbread cookies. After about five cookies ( yes, I know they were intended for the children), I had to ask Joanna the recipe. And simply told me that she took the Walker Shortbread cookies, speared nutella along them, and then cut up some bananas, put them on the nutella, and sprinkled almonds on each cookie. They were amazing, and will definitely be making this dish for my next party!

Ingredients:
24 shortbread cookies (I used Walker's Pure Butter Shortbread Cookie)
1/2 cup Nutella
1/4 cup of chopped almonds
2 bananas, sliced



No comments:

Post a Comment