Friday, March 2, 2012

Another New Exhibit Comes to CMOM







Hello Everyone,
If you guys have not already assumed this already, I will go ahead and inform you: Layth and I are always on the prowl to find new and fun things to do in Memphis! For while it was repeated trips to either the Zoo or the Children's Museum, only to be followed with dessert from Muddy's Bake Shop of Sanderlin Ave ( I had to give a shot out, because Layth and I cannot get enough of her goodies!). But now that Memphis is expanding, Layth and I have a list of things to choose from. And so, for a while, we were taking a break from the Children's Museum since it had been a while since they update any of their exhibits. However, it seems in the last months, the museum has undergone a transformation by constantly adding new exhibits, moving things around and removing older exhibits, making it not so boring for me, as I watch Layth explore the museum. Most recently, they added the Good For You: Healthy Fun on the Run exhibit, which has so far been my favorite behind the dinosaurs exhibit. Within this exhibit children get an idea or taste of what is like to explore the great outdoors, eat healthy, and plant your own make-believe garden. And considering, Chafeek is all about the outdoors, this a great way to mentally prepare what he has ahead of him! Although Layth was more intrigued with running in and out of the make believe cave pretending to be scared of the bats that light up upon entering and exiting, I enjoyed the message behind the exhibit. It taught kids to enjoy being in the great outdoors and eating healthy, rather than remaining indoors on mindless television and video games! If you get a chance to explore this exhibit, I highly encourage you to do so!

No comments:

Post a Comment