Thursday, March 15, 2012

Chasing Geese Madness




As a domestic goddess in training, it seems like I am really failing at trying to acquire the title; particularly, after our recent endeavor. A domestic goddess would not just have prevented it, but had a back pack on hand with a first aid kit, towel and an extra set of clothes for both her son and herself. And since I failed at that miserably, I will be happy to settle with simply being a domestic diva!! With this being said, let me tell you about our recent adventure because looking back at it, it actually makes me laugh. Every Monday and Friday after Speech Layth and I walk over to Germantown Municipal Park ( across from the Germantown Public Library) and ride the swings and chase the geese. It always results with Layth running after the geese telling them to " wait and come back" until they eventually jump into the pond nearby and Layth running to chase the geese still on land. This being said, the one time I choose not to bring out my baby bag, Layth chooses to jump in. Thankfully, the water was not even at knee level otherwise I would have really had a meltdown and made everyone aware of my diva like ways. Even Layth himself did not realize he was wet until he realized the geese, he was trying to jump in and catch had flown further away. Only then did he tell me, " Mommy, I am wet." Of course this was without me jumping in after him in my coach sneakers ( rest in peace, for you will never be the same) and making sure he was more than fine. We both turned to each other and laughed! Looking back at it, a domestic goddess would have taken it with a such a lighthearted attitude. But what really got me laughing was after we were done laughing at our own situation, Layth pointed to my car and said, " mommy, go to red car, and need blue pants" which is synonymous with mom, " We need to go to the car change our clothes and change me into my other pair of jeans," smart child to know he had another pair of jeans awaiting him. As we got into the car and I was changing him out of his wet clothes, he replies, " I need a bath" and so, when I tried to put him in his clean jeans says, " I'm yucky, need a bath." As a result, we drove Layth home with a clean shirt and underpants and mom barefoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment