Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Steak Two Nights In a Row: Not Very Goddess Like!!!

Hello Everyone,
After several posts chronicling my adventures with the little lion, I have decided to go back to my " Goddess" training in hopes I can become a domestic diva. However, it seems I got the diva part down, but the domestic part, not so much. Layth, on the other hand, would disagree, and he is all that matters. So if I am viewed as "perfect" in his eyes, then I have completed my mission! And one reason contributing to that belief is cooking all his favorite meals, including steak two days in a row. A domestic goddess would have had her meals planned weeks in advance with her ingredients set aside for that day. She would also make sure her meals were cooked and the house cleaned before she went out. We could all learn lessons from her and become more efficient in completing our household duties, but since I have already accepted I will never be her, I find it acceptable to allow some of my own duties slide. Since Layth and I had a day packed with a field trip and appointments, and thinking about what I was going to make for dinner was far from my mind. Instead I was focused more upon remaining sane as we completed all our trips. And thankfully, I completed that task with much ease. Therefore when finally got home around five I had completely forgotten about dinner or even preparing it for that matter. I just assumed Layth and I would simply call it an early night once we arrived home since we had both been up since 7:00 am without naps. And so, quickly I ran to the freezer pulled some steaks out and allowed them to defrost ( it also helped Chafeek would be coming home late!). At first, I thought it would be wrong to have steak two nights in a row, very un-goddess like; but, a goddess would much rather her family eat a home cooked meal versus eating out or preparing something processed. Layth, too would have preferred steak over anything else since it is his favorite. And in my defense, last night's steak was sirloin, today's was a rib eye ( it did not matter to Layth since he ate both steaks without protests on his front). Of course, I refrained from mentioning Chafeek what we would be having. Regardless, he would have to eat what was made for him ( a very important lesson that can be learned from a domestic goddess). I was lucky I did not need to employ this rule since Chafeek was simply happy to have a home cooked meal, which meant I had two happy boys at home. Therefore, if I broke the domestic goddess rules of serving the meal two nights in a row, I did perfect one, maintaining a happy household!

No comments:

Post a Comment