Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Eid Al Audha Outfits

Hello Everyone,
 Not many of you may know this, but as Muslims, our holiday Eid falls twice a year: once after the end of Ramadan, and another after the completion of Hajj ( the pilgrimage Muslims are required to complete once in their life as long as they are both financially and physically able to do so).  This Eid, which came it a bittersweet time,  was a great day for some, but tragic for the 700+ Muslims who died as they were completing their final stages of the pilgrimage caused by a stampede. On the upside of things, it was nice to hear that a Chechan leader treated 1000+ refugees in Germany to Eid dinner at various restaurants so that they too could partake in celebrating Eid. As I previously mentioned, it fell at bittersweet time: happy to welcome it, but marked with tragedy. It also did not help that fell on a working day, leaving the Mister stuck in surgery as he was unable to reschedule and take off. So it was just the boys and I at Eid prayers, as we celebrated with other Phoenicians. The only downfall having to leave the house by 7 am to get to service on time at 8 am, and the mosque itself is 45 minutes away. And as a true Domestic Goddess, I was not going to allow time and distance deter me from looking my best. The solution: I got up at 5:30, only to have the boys soon follow me at 6 am. I knew donuts would be served at Eid prayer, so I did not bother serving them a full breakfast and had bathed them the previous night before bed. What I thought would take me forever, ended up being the simplest task that morning:getting the kids' in their suits. Instead of battling me, they greeted their suits with excitement feeling like real men wearing suit jackets and bow ties. Then came myself, I was deliberating between three different BCBG outfits. One thing you should know about me, most of my clothing is made by them, as I find their trademark silhouettes and draping elegant and very hijab friendly.  Between deliberating for what seemed forever, I decided to wear this long tunic dress with a shirt and leggings underneath, making it resemble an Indian style outfit. I am glad I did not go with one of my other choices as one of my friends was wearing the same outfit at prayer, and later saw another friend of mine wearing it too, on social media. The boys excited about their suits, allowed me to get ready with ease. It was just getting out of the house that was a bit chaotic, the boys let out our indoor kittens into the garage, so mom had to take ofd her heels and calmly search for them in the garage, as the cats were running out, they broke two glasses, leaving me a mess of charred glass to clean up. Then as I thought we were ready to leave with still some time to spare, both boys insisted upon needing to use the bathroom, in which they did. By some chance, the shuttles transporting people from the parking lot to the mosque were all running late, we were able to make it to prayer; otherwise, we would have missed it as we arrived at 8:25! Despite it all, I did not allow waking up at 5:30 or the drama surrounding leaving the house deter me from not looking my best and making it to prayer.


Eid Outfit Details:
Tunic: BCBG by Max Azria
Leggings: French Connection
Scarf: Kinza Scarves
Bracelet: Hermes
Bag: Kate Spade



My Handsome Boys
Suit Details:
Mom purchased them from Dillards
Shoes on Layth: Vans
Shoes on Jude: Polo by Ralph Lauren

Enjoying the child care after Eid prayer. When I picked them up they each already had two donuts and two lollipops in hand.


Waiting for prayer to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment