Saturday, March 10, 2012

Wish Boutique Fashion Show: Beautiful Clothes, Girls Not So Much

Wish Boutique Fashion Show: Beautiful Clothes, Girls Not So Much

For almost two years now, I have been intrigued to set foot in the " Wish" boutique located in the Saddle Creek Mall, Germantown. However, the unwillingness to drive to a different part of the mall deters me from getting in the car, taking Layth outside of the carseat only to repeat the process once again upon leaving. And so, it has been my incentive to go one day when Layth is in school, browse the store and get everything I want in one trip. Unfortunately, that has yet to happen until recently where I attended the Wish Boutique Runway Show at the Southern Women's Expo located at the Agricenter. Based upon the fashion alone, the store has great potential, there were many items I could totally see myself wearing. The girls modeling, on the other hand, just did not do the clothes any justice. Many of them were so stiff, their hands looked as though they had been physically glued to prevent moving them down South. Others tried to walk the runway as fast as they could to avoid having to be in the public eye any more than needed to be. While some blew me way with their ability to engage the audience while still maintaing their model like pose, the lack of enthusiasm from their other models took from their moment. Although I am not a model expert myself, I do know how to train girls, I know what to look for when I see models. In my little experience on the runway I knew we had to always make sure our eyes engaged the audience as though we were mentally seducing, walk with some character and keep our hands either on our hips while still walking elegantly and/or keep our hands down without looking a drag queen flapping around her arms ( it always depended upon the designer's request on how to position our arms). As a person with previous experience and as a potential " Wish" customer, I would advise the " Wish" owner to hand pick her models and make sure they train and know how to walk the runway. Because its the girls that are selling your clothes, make sure they do not distract your audience from the clothes by having them focus upon their faulty walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment