Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Highlights of 2007

Hey Ya'll
I don't know if you recall from my previous " Memphis" post about my mission to do a post a day counting down five years of Memphis, and so if you do not, here I am reminding you again! Since I did not officially move to Memphis until January of 2008, my pictures of first year are really quite limited. Initially, I spent the months of July and August in Memphis before heading back to Milwaukee to complete my degrees. I did not want to deal with having to transfer with just two credits left! And for that extra semester, I am eternally grateful because I got to spend one of the best semesters ever with some of the best people! And for that reason, 2007 might include some pictures of my life in Milwaukee since I was coming home every other weekend since I only had two classes two days a week. At the time, I thought it was the perfect solution because it kept my time spent in Memphis to a minimum. And it was through these visits, I got to spend some of our good friends, Ayman and Nihad Haykel, and Ayesha and Nabil. I was asked by Chafeek to attend a Ramadan Iftar hosted by a pharmacist, Ted Morton for all the Muslim residents. Since Chafeek was on call, and did not want me to spend the night was coming home from Milwaukee alone, he sent me on his behalf. One of the many stories that occurred during my stay here in Memphis!

We ran through the fountains in downtown...tons of fun, if you dare to do it!
Driving the Memphis Trolleys
Riding was fun, but getting to drive it was even better!
My bestie, Randa A!!

She came to visit me for my birthday and it coincided during Elvis Week!
Justin and Timbaland come together on stage
Justin!!!!

It was the perfect birthday gift, granted my birthday was two days before!
This is where it all began! I would go to this place many times for many different performances. My first concert I ever attended here in Memphis could not have been a better welcoming present: Justin Timberlake!

No comments:

Post a Comment