Thursday, March 15, 2012

Open Paint Days With The Little Lion



Hello Everyone!!
I hope everyone is enjoying Spring Break as much as I am and keeping themselves with things to do! Since our " real" Spring Break does not officially start on the 29th where I am taking Layth for a week to Panama City to spend time on the beach with my parents, I am not really stressing on trying to find things to do to fill up our week. Instead I am taking my time relaxing, catching up on many of Layths' appointments and occasionally giving in to the Spring Break activities Memphis has to offer. I am purposely trying to avoid the obvious public places such as the zoo, CMOM and My Big Back Backyard ( the great thing about having membership to all three places, is we get to go whenever we want even for just an hour two without having to rely on breaks). With this being said, I decided it would be best to utilize our Living Social deal for two kid open paint days at High Cotton in Germantown. And since it is Spring Break, they are conducting open paint days everyday this week. Since we had already used one, we choose to use the other one yesterday where the kids were scheduled to paint a fish. Layth, on the other hand, decided he would still paint a sea creature, but insisted upon being different from the group. Getting a two year old to take direction and wait for everyone to finish their strokes and/or instructions is pretty much next to impossible, and so I was impressed with Layth's ability to still paint within the group without having a meltdown! And Ms Amy, the instructor, could not have been more understanding when I explained to her Layth was just two and not the four years old she suspected him to be. She even gave him permission to openly paint freely on the canvas, and was equally surprised when he came up with a whale. All she had to do was define his black lines to make it the whale it was supposed to be. While I can not say that he did not manage to make a mess, the mess was worth it when I saw him proudly blowing his portrait dry with a hair dryer proudly saying, " I did it, I did it" with a smile on his face. So if your looking for an activity to do with your children, I would highly recommend seeking High Cotton and registering for their open paint days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment