Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Meatballs: Quick, Simple, and Home-Cooked!

Hello Everyone!!
A real domestic goddess would have had her child's clothes set out the night before, a list of all the errands she had to get done, and a better way to micromanage her time to ensure she gets it all done while still remaining sane. And since, I am still in training to become one, I still have to learn how to better manage my time to take advantage of the three and half hours Layth is in school. I was quite proud of myself today I was able to go the bank, to the Children's Clothing Exchange, Sugar Plum Consignments, while still managing to make it home to make dinner ( all before Layth got out of school). I could have chosen to make dinner, while Layth takes his nap, but I had other plans with what to do during that time! And so, here is the quick and simple home cooked meal managed to make in the forty five minutes I had at home: meatballs! The previous night I had taken the meat out, which made it so much simpler to add in the spices and roll them into shape. Once the spices are added and mixed into the meat, all you simply need to do is roll them into shape and put them on the stove!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of ground beef
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Italian Seasonings
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon of basil (optional)
  • 1 can of Hunts Diced Tomatoes
  • 1 can of Hunts Tomato Sauce
  • 1 cup of water ( optional)
Directions:
  • Mix the spices into the meat
  • Roll the meat into balls
  • Put them into a pot with a the sauce and water
  • Bring the mixture to a boil
  • Once it has boiled, leave the pot partially covered for 30-45 minutes ( depending on how soft you like your meat), and your meal is done!



No comments:

Post a Comment