Thursday, April 21, 2011

We're Loving Fruits!!

For my few readers out there, a very big hello!!! Despite feeling awful, I have decided that I am going to greet today with wide open arms and leave it with a great big smile on my face. However, that is kind of difficult when everyone in the house is sick!! I thought an apple a day, keeps the doctor away? Speaking of which, we have substituted cookies and ice cream for tons and tons of fruits; particularly, Granny Smith apples. Layth loves the sourness these green apples contain, and cannot get enough of them! I am so happy, he loves fruits. I was so worried he would inherit my sweet tooth, which he has, but still has a taste for the healthy stuff. Apples, Plums, Grapes, Blueberries, he's been enjoying it all. And now, we can add mangos to the list! As his mom, I love mangos, but I never thought of introducing it to him. It did not seem like your typical fruit to introduce to a toddler;but when his teacher, Ms Marie informed me had some at snack time and loved it, I went straight to Fresh Market and bought some. The boys finished it within minutes!! Unfortunately, all this fruit has not kept the illnesses caught at school from following him home. Currently, the three of us are battling some type of cold symptom Layth brought home, something I knew would happen. I just did not expect it to happen after just two and a half weeks! Nonetheless, I am just happy Layth is eating fruits!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment