Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bistro 110

Hello Readers,
After being absent for week, I'm back! The boys and I were spending the week in my beloved Chicago for Chafeek's ENT conference. And despite being there for business, I managed to have tons of fun! Layth, too, could not have asked for a better week: spending his days with mommy, his afternoons sightseeing between various museums and dinning with fellow residents. I do not know of many 23 month olds who would pass up an opportunity of being the center of attention; Layth certainly did not. He also enjoyed all the dining we did; particularly, Bistro 110. Speaking of Bistro 110, I remember it being my guilty pleasure after finishing my afternoon Water Tower classes. So when my friend Sanaz suggested it, I quickly agreed. And having not been there for five years, it certainly did not disappoint. I thought it was so good, I suggested it to my fellow residents who were looking for place to dine near Water Tower for lunch. However, I was so worried whether Layth would enjoy it, but my worries were soon over when he attacked his meal of Macaroni and Cheese. His child size portion was equal to the size of my adult lunch salad. In other words, their meals were not very big, but still too big for Layth. And so, as a result, I was able to enjoy a few bites myself. The cheese was so rich, but not too heavy, I did not feel guilty biting into it. I did not feel I was indulging in processed cheese as most macaroni and cheese dishes make you feel. Instead it resembled what you would see in Bethenny Frankel's, " Skinny Girl" cookbook; it was exquisite. So when the next time an opportunity comes knocking for us to go to Chicago, I'm definitely taking Chafeek there.

No comments:

Post a Comment