Monday, April 4, 2011

It's 11:37 am and I'm out!!

As I mentioned in my previous post, it was really hard sending Layth to school, so when the clock read 11:37 I was on my out to pick him up. Chafeek called me at 11:40 asking how I'm taking it, and I told him I am on my way to pick him up. Of course, we laughed at how I was anxiously watching the clock until it was time to pick up our dear Layth. On my way, I got caught in a middle of storm and was worried I would not make it. I was praying that I make it safely to his school in the midst of the storm, because there really wasn't any place I could stop and wait for the storm to pass. Twenty five minutes later, I arrive to his school only to hear the tornado sirens going off. I run into the school to see Headmaster Angela, gathering the older kids and instructing them to bend their knees underneath their heads and hide under the cafeteria tables. Too busy to pay any attention to me to bring out Layth, I go ahead and make my way forward to Layth's classroom. As soon as I opened the door, there was Layth running to me with open arms. I almost cried at the sight of his excitement to see me. Meanwhile, the tornado sirens were still going off. Worried I'd be endangering Layth's life if I were to proceed driving in the storm, together we waited with the rest of the students for the storm to pass. Thirty minutes later, we were cleared to leave the building. Not bad, for Layth's first day!

No comments:

Post a Comment