Monday, April 11, 2011

Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad

Hello Everyone,
Today I discovered the easiest way to make a healthy homemade grilled chicken Caesar salad without spending hours laboring in the kitchen, and the boys loved it! Although I do not categorize myself as a " working mom", I felt my schedule today resembled one. From the moment I woke up this morning, I have been on the go between dropping Layth at school, conducting errands for the hubby, meeting with some friends for a coffee date and picking Layth up and taking him to his doctors' appointment; I did not have much time to spend at home making a home cooked meal. But I was determined, we would eat at home. So, as Layth and I were driving home, I remembered my husband mentioning he's never had a grilled chicken salad of any sort when a light bulb switched on in my head. I stopped at the corner market grabbed some Bleu cheese, A Fresh Market Express Caesar Lite Kit, and some Italian Dressing. It also helped I already had some boneless grilled chicken breast thawing in case I did have time to conjure up something. Ten minutes later, we arrive home and Layth runs straight for his recliner and grabs a book giving me more than enough time to put the groceries in the fridge, grab a large Ziploc freezer bag, fill it up half way with Italian Dressing and add in two grilled chicken breasts. I figured this would be the easiest way to marinate the chicken while I changed Layth and took him to the playground. Ninety minutes later, Layth and I return home from running/playing on the playground, and it's time to start cooking....fifteen minutes later, dinner is served!

Ingredients:
  • One Large Ziploc Freezer Bag
  • Hidden Valley Italian Dressing
  • Two Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
  • One Fresh Express Caesar Lite Kit ( includes: lettuce, dressing, and garlic baked croutons)
  • One Tb of Fresh Bleu Cheese
  • Skillet/George Foreman Grill
Directions:
Depending upon how much time you have to prepare the meal, I would advise grilling the chicken in a skillet. By first heating a tablespoon of oil over medium heat and adding the chicken breasts when appropriate. Then pulling out the chicken when you feel it is brown enough to your liking. Since I only had twenty minutes, I put the chicken breasts on my George Foreman Grill making them done in just ten minutes. Once the chicken breasts were done, I pulled them off the grill and cut them into strips. Meanwhile as they cooled off, I opened the Fresh Express Kit and added both the lettuce and croutons, I held off on adding the dressing until the very end. I then added the pieces of chicken, and took the blue cheese sprinkling it throughout the salad. Once all the ingredients were in, I took the dressing and mixed it within the salad, covering every inch of it, and the salad was ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment