Thursday, April 14, 2011

Plums, We All Scream For Plums!!!!

Hello Readers,
Today I decided to shy away from Layth's usual breakfast of one hard- boiled egg without the yolk, and chose fruit instead, a plum to be exact. And, he loved it!!! Yesterday, while at Fresh Market I saw the season for plums had begun, and being they are my favorite fruit, I decided to stock up!!! I've never had such difficulty finding plums as I have experienced here in Memphis. Apparently, they are only sold at Whole Foods, Fresh Market and/or Farmers Markets. So, when I saw them, I ran to them and filled a bags worth of them. And being that Layth loves fruits, I decided to introduce him to plums. At first, he was a bit reluctant as most kids are at his age when introduced to new foods, but when I allowed him to hold the fork, he went to town with them. Initially, I had cut up half a plum, but when I saw he'd finished his serving and was asking for more, I decided to cut up the remaining plum. Not only did he indulge in the sweet fruit, he was asking for more!! I couldn't be happier that he too, loves my favorite fruit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment