Tuesday, April 24, 2012

We Love Toys and Tiaras

 Hello Everyone,
 If any of you have not already guessed it by now, I am all about supporting local businesses, and an avid Groupon customer! And so, when I saw Groupon was offering a $20 voucher to a new local toy store, I jumped at the opportunity to try something new and purchased it. Also, it is the role of a " Domestic Goddess" to find ways to save money for family while staying on top of knowing the latest places to take her child. However, as one in training, I was not staying on top of my role. I always see the store when Layth and I go to grab cupcakes at yet another local business, Gigi's Cupcakes but never thought to go in. Now, I had an incentive to go into the toy store! Not only did I need to use my Groupon, but I had to also purchase two baby shower gifts. I figured this would also be somewhere new to take Layth and grab cupcakes afterwards. I was a little apprehensive upon entering the store, but when I stepped foot into it, it was every child's dream ( as far as local businesses are concerned). It had candy vendors, a few train stations for the children to play with while mom shops and another automatic station where children can control and manipulate the train as it goes around the track. Since Layth loves trains, it was the perfect thing to occupy him as I searched for baby shower gifts. The owner, too was so nice and stylish ( I loved her shoes) that it just made my shopping experience even better. As a mother of three boys, she was not worried about Layth going through the aisles mesmerized by the number of toys she had to offer, or how we went from one station to another playing with the toys she had set up. It also helped to ease some of my worries about whether or not Layth would go crazy going through all the toys or protesting being inside the store. Almost forty minutes later, I walked out with a happy toddler, two baby shower gifts, a pack of chocolate flavored straws that are intended to give your milk some flavor, and a mini train set. I will definitely be returning to this store and recommend anyone with children to stop in!
Layth playing w/the trains 
Layth playing with the farm animals
 The Store is located on 4741 Poplar Ave in the heart of East Memphis
Conducting the trains with the shops' owner
Flavored Straws Intended to Add Taste to Your Milk ( Can't wait to try!)

No comments:

Post a Comment