Monday, April 23, 2012

Cornish Hen For Dinner

 Hello Everyone,
 After an excitingly exhausting day with two great friends, Elaf and Tharwa, and their two curly haired cuties, I find myself coming home and wanting to relax. Normally, I would take a nap with Layth, whose day was equally as tiring, but when I think about the amount of things I need to get done in those two hours, it keeps me from running to the bed. A day spent at Pump it Up and at the park can take its toll on anyone who is semi-sleep deprived! And so, rather than folding the mountain of laundry I have awaiting for me, packing unused household items into boxes, and trying to think of an elaborate dinner to make, I am blogging! A domestic goddess would not approve of my choice to indulge in a simple pleasure as writing versus trying to tackle my endless duties of homemaker. And I am completely fine with that, because I would not take back any day spent cleaning and making my house perfect over the day I spent with Layth! As a result, I am resorting to one of my simpler recipes which I know both Chafeek and Layth would like despite its simplicity: a cornish hen. All it requires of me is to thaw it, spice it and bake it!  If I were really a domestic goddess, I would think of some tasty side dish to accompany it, but rather choose to spend the time resting versus slaving away in the kitchen. It is also such a waste to spend a day like this indoors slaving away in a hot kitchen when the beautiful outdoors is calling your name ( I think she would approve on that standpoint, because I am preventing my child from watching television!). But we will see how much I can get accomplished in the short two hours Layth takes his nap; otherwise it will be a cornish hen for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment