Thursday, April 12, 2012

Consignment Sale Madness

As we prepare for the last consignment sale we intend on participating in, I am quiet relieved they are all coming to an end. And, I say, " we" because Layth has become my little helper. He has now become an expert in handing me labels, cutting them and pasting them onto the string labels. He has also helped me in gathering unused plastic hangers from his closet to hang the gently used designer items he quickly grew out. And so, now two nights before the sale, Layth and I are going crazy gathering books, toys, clothes, etc. trying to get them tagged and ready for drop off. In all honesty though, it has been nice getting the house rid of these items as we prepare for the big move ( such a headache though, the night before). As I am trying to become a domestic goddess ( something I will never be), I would like to look back and think she would approve, but know she would not. Instead she would imply that I am imposing labor upon my child and make mention about managing my time better insisting why did not tag the items while Layth was either at school or napping. But since I am still in training, I am not going to worry about her approval. It seems for the last two months there was a sale occurring each week, allowing me to rid the house of more and more item; thus, allowing Layth and I to be come experts in preparing the items. A task that once took me all night to complete, now takes us 30 to 40 minutes depending upon how many items we cosign. And now that the last one is approaching this weekend, I am eager for them to all end. My fingers and Layth deserve a break from all the tagging we have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment