Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cupcake Cutie with My Little Cutie






So before I begin to elaborate on our latest cupcake adventure, I will be the first admit, " my title for this entry is a little lame and unoriginal!). Nothing came to mind except for those words, and was dwelling upon trying to find a unique title that would intrigue people to read my blog, but if you're in Memphis and love cupcakes as much as we do, I recommend reading this entry :) For almost a year now, Layth and I have been going back and forth between Gigi Cupcakes and Muddy's Bake Shop to get our weekly cupcake fix when he heard about Memphis' first cupcake bar located in the heart of Bartlett. And since I rarely ever go to Bartlett ( I can literally count the number of times I have been in Bartlett in my 4.5 years in Memphis), I figured this would be an opportune time to go. It also gave me an incentive to try a new cupcake shop with Nazia! It was nice to be able to call her as I was picking Layth up from school and ask her to join us, since it turned out she lived just ten minutes away. Layth, too, was happy to see her, since he loves being around people. However, I do not think Layth enjoyed the car ride too much. He could not comprehend why it took so long to get cupcakes, when Gigi Cupcakes conveniently has two locations, each 15 minutes away from his school. But when we arrived, it was definitely worth his while. Layth enjoyed being able to choose between a large and small sized cupcake, the flavor of his cupcake and his own icing. Once he decided upon a standard chocolate cupcake with chocolate frosting, it came time to choose his toppings: pretzels and fruit loops. Although they did not appeal to me, Layth could not stop himself from attacking the cupcake. I, on the other hand, choose a strawberry cupcake with strawberry frosting topped with chocolate and vanilla flavored malt balls. Layth, of course, ate all the malt bells, before leaving me with just the cupcake to enjoy. And yes, the cupcakes were delicious! I also learned that you can host your own cupcake cooking party there in their second room, and create any design or theme, which gave me a great idea for Layth's third birthday party. The location may be far, but definitely worth the drive!

No comments:

Post a Comment