Friday, January 6, 2012

Suffering From the Vacation Blues

Happy New Year Everyone!!
It's a new year, and so far, 2012 has been off to slow start: mainly because, Layth and I are suffering from the vacation blues!! After spending ten fabulous days with the family, and when I speak of family, I mean my parents, cousins, aunts and some new extended family. And so, it's not much fun coming home to an empty house! Even Layth is having family withdrawal as he searches for his cousins and asks about their whereabouts. Thank goodness for skype because he can still keep in touch!! Besides missing everyone, I think for me, it's been hard getting back of the routine of being wifey ie cooking and cleaning. Our cruise spoiled me! So after a few days of ordering in, I decided to get back into the routine, but my heart still was not in it. I decided to keep it simple and choose to make a healthy version of a meal I had recently come across in Parents Magazine. A large flour tortilla loaded with mozzarella sauce topped with El Paso taco sauce baked in the oven. The objective is to use a large tortilla, divide it into 3-4 pieces and deceive your self into eating less. Unfortunately, that did not work for us, because both Layth and Chafeek loved the simplicity of the recipe, I ended up having to make more! Slowly, we're getting back in the routine, but my heart is currently still in Cali!

No comments:

Post a Comment