Friday, January 13, 2012

Stirring It All Up

So rather than my joyful greeting, I figured I'll just get right to this week's post and mention how I have spent all week cooking...well, almost all week, I am still adhering to my rule of not cooking on Friday and Saturday. Hopefully, I plan on going tonight with the little lion especially since I just finished doing the dishes. I honestly believe my lack of desire for cooking stems from having to do the dishes afterward. Even with the dishwasher I loathe having to do the dishes, God save me if I still had to do them by hand! And so, this week when I was grocery shopping, I picked up these two organize pre cut vegetable packs ( what appealed to me most about them was they were already cut and pre-washed) under the pretense I would figure out something to cook with them. And sure enough, they came in real handy yesterday when I choose to stir them into the crock pot with some stewed beef. I was a little apprehensive at how it would taste, but thankfully, the boys liked it since there was no leftovers!

Ingredients:
  • broccoli
  • cauliflower
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 medium onion
  • baby potatoes
  • 2 cups of vegetable stock
  • 1 28 oz can of tomato sauce
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
  • 1 package of stewed beef
  • carrots
Directions:
I simply added the meat first, then the vegetables before adding the tomato sauce, water and broth. Once I mixed all the ingredients together, I simply closed the crock pot, turned on the low setting and let it cook for seven hours. It was simple, easy and home cooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment