Friday, January 13, 2012

Experimenting with Ingredients

Hello Everyone,
I do not know if you recall me mentioning about buying fresh pre-cut vegetables, but I did and stalked up on them as well. I figured I would find some use for them or worst case, serve them as veggies and dip appetizer one night. Nonetheless, I was able to find a great use for one of the packages that consisted of celery, carrots, potatoes and yellow squash. I was able to take the ingredients and mix them into one of Layth's favorite dishes of meatballs and vegetables. Layth, however, was not too keen on the new vegetables and choose simply to eat the meatballs instead. I was a little apprehensive the new mix was a little too extravagant for his palette, but surprisingly, it tasted good. Layth later came up to me and told me he did not like the new colors. And so, here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 28 oz can of tomato sauce
-1 cup of water
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
-1 /2 teaspoon of meat broth
-carrots
-celery
-yellow squash
- potatoes

Directions:
First, I had to season the meat with the salt, pepper and cinnamon. Once I was done mixing in the spices, I rolled them into meatballs and dropped into the pot with tomato sauce and water that was on high heat. Once the pot has boiled, turn it to low heat partially covered and let it sit for 45 minutes. At which, you would then add the vegetables and meat broth and once again bring it to a boil. Once that is complete, turn it on to low and let it sit for another 30 minutes, and dinner is served!

No comments:

Post a Comment