Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tackling the Dirty

Everything is out and ready to pick up
Yes, we had an old television with a VCR player
Purchased when we first got married, it served us well both through medical school and residency

Hello Everyone,
A while ago, I wrote about cleaning my closets and finding a bunch of old, unused purses as well some unworn clothes with tags still attached. Unfortunately, my battle of cleaning the closets ended there when I saw how overwhelming it was going to be. Until recently, when I realized I only have four months to get the house packed up and ready for showing. And so, Chafeek and I decided to tackle the coat closets, the storage closet and his closet before moving on to mine. Surprisingly, we came up with a lot more unused pieces of furniture, clothes and appliances than I actually thought we had in storage. But the biggest item that shocked me most we were getting rid of was our coach. For months we have been contemplating about donating it, getting it reupholstered, buying a new one and throwing it away, until one thrift shop, Noble Causes ( run by Memphis Muslim Social Services) willingly agreed to take it. With that came the decision do we give it up four months early or keep it until we move. I think we got ahead of ourselves and away it went along with an old television, a coffee table, a chest, unused painting supplies, boxes of clothes and an old umbrella stroller. And although we donated all those items, we still have much more to tackle.... this move has really made me appreciate living in Memphis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment