Thursday, May 17, 2012

Wasting Our Afternoons at Lifetime

Hello Everyone,
  I hope you're enjoying the beginning of Summer, and the kids getting out of school! However, for us Memphians, it is the one season we all dread: the mosquitoes, the 100 + summers and the scorching sun! Growing up in Florida, I did not mind the summers so much because they were either spent at the beach or the pool. And with us being at the disadvantage of not owning a pool, I was determined to enjoy our last Memphis summer. And so, when our good friend Tharwa suggested we join her family for an evening swim at Lifetime Fitness in Collierville, I willingly agreed. The forty five minute drive and 35 miles that it took to get there each way did not bother me, I was going to be in a pool this summer! Chafeek, on the other hand, thought I was crazy and impractical for agreeing to drive all the way out there for a pool, as would a bunch of others! But it's Lifetime, how can you not be willing to work out at one of the nations' best gyms is what I say.  Regardless, I had to see if Layth liked it, and he fell in love with it! Upon waking up from his nap the next morning, he insisted he wear his " turtles" i.e. his swimsuit and see Zack ( who has now become synonymous with Lifetime, since he asks about him every time we go), indicating to me we needed to get membership! Since obtaining membership three weeks ago, we have been there a total of seven times ( how's that for not caring about the longevity of the drive!) and utilize their pool! It's also perfect for me on Layth's day off from school, because it gives me an easy option to choose on how to best fill our days without one of us yearning to go home and take a nap! It also helps me to get a workout in, since Layth insists he go to the babysitting and be with the other children. Personally, if they had babysitting facilities like the one Lifetime has built for its members, I would have loved spending time there as a child! Therefore if you want to find us this summer, we will be at Lifetime swimming and/or having smoothies in their cafe! And yes, I still believe it's worth the drive!



Looking on to see if we arrived!
Playing in the fountains


No comments:

Post a Comment