Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"I'll Remember"

 Hello Everyone,
   With just one month left here in Memphis, I find myself treasuring each party we have left to attend seeing as they might be the last time I will see some of the great people we met in Memphis. I am also saying, "goodbye" to people once or twice a week, and having to explain to Layth why he will not see some of his friends "tomorrow." One person, in particular, that breaks my heart thinking about is Zach, my friend Tharwa's son. Born within six weeks of each other, Zach has become Layth's best friend whom he asks for each day we are out. Although Layth is too young to fully comprehend that we are moving, it is sad to explain to him why he won't possibly see Zack tomorrow or this weekend and how we are moving. And then, with his big brown eyes asks " why" and seeing his worried face breaks my heart. Zack and Tharwa are one of many people we will have a hard time letting go of when we move. Today, too, we bade farewell to another family, who began residency with us and tomorrow will be saying good bye, to the families at Evergreen. I honestly believe the hardest part of moving is not the packing or the endless calls to moving companies in search for the best quote, but allowing yourself to let go and move on. Even though I never thought to myself I would miss Memphis, something about it and the life we established here has drawn me in. Maybe it is our friends, or that it forever be the city in which Layth was born in, or the low cost of living and lack of traffic; regardless, Madonna sums it up perfectly in her song, I'll Remember, "And I finally know why I have a reason why/ I'll remember." I do not if we will back for a future ENT graduation or if the wind will blow us back in this direction and offer Chafeek an amazing Head and Neck Cancer position, but I'm happy to say I am leaving with no regrets and a full heart!

Saying " Goodbye" @ Panera Bread


No comments:

Post a Comment