Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Flocking to Vintage

Hello Everyone,
  With our impending move on its way, I find myself drifting from one style to the next. Before I use to gravitate  toward pieces that were unique, glitzy and would definitely get myself recognized, which, yes I know, may sound conceited but at least I am being honest! And now, I am choosing more bohemian like pieces with a classic twist. I'm also purchasing more vintage type items that won't ever go out of style, one place, in particular to help me with this is Hoot +Louise located in downtown Memphis. Only recently have I discovered that store, and I love it! Another store I came to love in my time here in Memphis, but recently closed was Paisley on the Square located in historic downtown Collierville. I mention these because whenever the word " vintage" comes up in subject immediately people think used clothes or thrift shops, when in reality, vintage inspired pieces can be found everywhere, you just have to keep an eye out for them. Another reason, why I have decided to break away from my typical style is to be able to cosign, sell or donate some of my gently used items in the future. Since I've learned about this move, I have been driving to consignment shops, listing things on eBay and donating things to  only to be greeted with the "we can't resale" response. And when I would ask, " why", they would respond, " It's either gone out of style or soon will be." Therefore prompting me to change my style, and change my wardrobe entirely while still looking both elegant and classy, two things Coco Chanel insists every woman should be! And so, I am going to share some pieces I found at Bloomingdale's that aren't necessarily vintage, but vintage inspired that will help to build your summer wardrobe.

Red Shiloh 770 Red Orange Tunic
Current Elliot Rosewood Capris-

DVF Wrap Dress

Marc by Marc Jacobs Aviator Sunglasses 

 Michael by Michael Ors
Kate Spade New York Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment