Sunday, March 6, 2011

In Search of the Perfect Ankle Boot

In Search of the Perfect Ankle Boot



After days of searching online for them, I finally found my perfect ankle boot. And, it belongs to none other than the eccentric Betsey Johnson. I remember first trying them on at the end of October during a visit to Phoenix, and the store had just gotten them in that week. Priced at $140, I thought that was pretty reasonable. I was not about to allow the price deter me in purchasing these fabulous ankle boots. Sure, I have other ankle boots and there are plenty of other boots similar to them, but I loved these because they were surprisingly very comfortable. And having endured a knee injury a few years back, not every heel is compatible with my knee; therefore, comfort plays a large role! I also loved that they were open toe too, which does not just restrict me to wearing them only in the Winter months. They also work well for both Fall and Spring. I was moments away from pulling out my credit card and purchasing them when the sales associate told me if I come back in December, they will only be $50 or so, because no one has any use for boots here in Phoenix. And since, I have family in Phoenix I was sure to be back in December. It's always a trade off between spending Christmas or New Years in Phoenix. However, this year was different, I went to Egypt for a solid three weeks ( the most amazing time of my life before the riots began!). And so, my boots had to wait. February, came and gone, and still no boots! Luckily, Betsey Johnson was having their annual Winter clearance sale, which could not have been more perfect except that they did not have my size online. I thought it was not meant to be after searching endlessly for that few days, until my friend referred me to this website. Although I did find these gorgeous Alexander McQueen Gold Studded Ankle Boots, it was almost as though fate had directed her to inform me of this website and in a few days they shall be mine!
To Check Out the Alexander McQueen boots, here's the link: http://www.shopstyle-shoes.com/alexander-mcqueen-gold-studded-faithful-bootie.html

No comments:

Post a Comment