Saturday, July 28, 2012

Comfortable, Classy and Made in Memphis!

 Hello My Fashionistas!
  After a short hiatus spent both moving and traveling, I am returning to blogging again. Tonight,  I am going to focus upon getting dressed and going out on the town while still looking effortlessly comfortable. Most moms tend to confuse looking comfortable with looking frumpy by remaining in their sweats both inside and outside of the home. While I enjoy my sweats for working out, doing household chores and occasionally traveling, I certainly do not replace them as my " going out" clothes. Some mothers might disagree with me and insist that sweats are the easiest way to remain comfortable while chasing their broad around town, I am not advocating for all moms to be dressed in heels and LBDs each time they go out. Instead I am insisting that moms can still be comfortable all while looking stylish; and so, for a night out at the pier with both my mom and sister I wanted to look cute. But knew I'd be meeting up with my dad and toddler for dinner, and needed an outfit that would give me some flexibility to chase him around should we do anything afterward. Keeping this in mind, I paired a pair of Anlo dark faded cut off skinny jeans with a transparent chiffon button down Juicy Couture top.  After having chosen both my top and pants, I found an old but lightly used pair of multi color Matisse flats to add some color to my outfit. In the end, I felt both classy and comfortable for a night out. I was also shocked to realize that all items of my outfit were purchased in Memphis, and so for all you Memphians who complain there isn't any good place to shop, you're just not looking hard enough! Memphis is filled with bunch of independent boutiques that are sure to be right up your alley!






Top: Juicy Couture- Purchased from Indigo, Memphis, TN
Tank: American Eagle- Purchsed from Memphis, TN
Jeans: Anlo- Purchased from Isabella, Memphis, TN
Shoes: Matisse- Purchased from Peria, Memphis, TN
Purse: Louis Vuitton- Purchased Brand New w/tags from Sugar Plum Consignments, Memphis, TN

No comments:

Post a Comment