Monday, August 8, 2011

Honey Lemon Grilled Chicken

Hello Everyone,
Since Ramadan has started I have been on the hunt for good, simple recipes that do not require too much preparation, which means I have been recycling my simple recipes. Even though we are only eight days into Ramadan, I feel trying to come with things to cook has been just as exhausting as fasting itself. I want a recipe that's quick, but filling, something worth the wait of having to give up food for ten hours, and finding some, have been difficult. They usually require preparation the night before, or 30-45 minute preparation time, which can be so frustrating sometimes, because you cannot taste whether or not you have the right spices or not. So during my search to find new recipes I stumbled upon this one while reading People magazine. It sounded so intriguing I could not resist trying to make it. I'll be having it tonight, so I can't give you my guarantee on it, but it looks promising!!

Ingredients:


  • juice and zest of three lemons

  • 1/3 cup of olive oil

  • 1 tsp of oregano

  • 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard

  • 2 tbsp of honey, plus a drizzle

  • 1/2 cup of finely chopped onions

  • 1 clove of garlic peeled and smashed

  • 1/2 tsp of salt

  • 1/2 tsp of black ground pepper

  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken halves or 2 lbs

  • Grilled lemon wedges ( just for garnish)

Directions:


1. In a small bowl, mix together lemon juize, zest, olive oil and oregano, dijon mustard, honey, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside 1/4 cup of the mixture for basting, place the chicken into the bowl, cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.


2. Place the chicken onto the grill for medium heat and allow it to cook for 6-8 minutes on each side. This is where I took a short cut, and placed it on my George Foreman for 10-12 minutes before marinating the chicken once again.


3. I then intend on drizzling honey onto the chicken and decorating the plate with the lemon wedges!


No comments:

Post a Comment