Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Good Afternoon!!
I am in such a happy mood today, I can't help but want to spread the joy. After a week of constant tornado threats and severe thunderstorms, the sun finally showed itself today. It felt almost uplifting, because the dark and grey skies were beginning to dampen my mood. The tornado sirens were becoming all too familiar, watching the weather reports was simply a waste of time because they were all reporting the same thing, and leaving the house felt like a burden. But today, as I was picking up Layth, the sun began to show itself. And soon, by the time I had reached his school, it was no longer hiding behind the trees. I could not wait to take Layth out to the botanical gardens and spend the day in My BIG Backyard, because the Children's Museum was becoming a bit too repetitive. As soon as I walked into the building, there was Layth coming out to greet me with giant little arms. It was nice to see he was not napping, because I had big plans in store for him. Soon Layth jumped into my arms, and we got into the car headed for the botanical gardens when Chafeek phoned me and saying he will be coming home for lunch. As a result, our plans were delayed. But any opportunity for Layth to see Chafeek before 7:30 pm is always a treat, so we headed home.
After an hour at home, Layth pulled my hand toward the front door indicating he wanted to go out. And so, we were out. But rather than heading to the botanical gardens, we took another detour, to the zoo. As we were passing by it, Layth began pointing with his finger saying " this, this" indicating he would rather go there and once we drove into the parking lot, Layth began laughing hysterically implying he knew where we were at....
Two hours later, as we were heading to the other side of the zoo to see the wolves I see Layth's head tilted to the side indicating he had fallen asleep. My little man had exhausted himself between playing on the playground and visiting the animals. He, too, was happy to see the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment