Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Layth: My Mini Muse

Hello Everyone,
   If you have not already figured it out, but my life pretty much centers around being Layth's personal assistant, chef, playmate, stylist, chauffeur and the list goes with all the other duties that go along with being a mommy. And so, I decided to add a new addition to my blog: Layth's Daily Outifts. I do not know how well you're going to perceive it as readers, but it's a chance I'm willing to take in an effort to add a little spice to my blog. I want my blog to appeal to a large range of readers, and figured this would be one element to my blog, I can actually perfect. For all domestic goddesses everywhere, I do possess one of your skills: being able to dress my son well. Not necessarily, the best skill to be proud of, but one that definitely appeases my interests. So for all of you out there judging, go ahead! And to begin this new segment, I will start with introducing Layth's "First Day of School" outfit. The night before I headed to Marshall's to get Layth some sneakers, since his preschool prefers that children not attend in crocs ( Layth lives in them) since they do not properly secure the foot. Apparently, his shoe size, 10.5 is a very popular size this school year, since neither Marshalls nor Ross had any pair of shoes in that size! Thankfully, he still fit into his Converse sneakers. However, my trips did not go unwarranted since I walked out with this adorable " hipster" inspired two piece Kenneth Cole set.  But since, it did not consist of " blue pants" ie jeans, I knew it was next to impossible to get Layth to willingly agree to wear it without putting a fit.  Of course, my suspicions were right and immediately refused to wear it upon one sight of the outfit. Before I knew it, he was making his way to his room and choosing a pair of grey jeans from Baby Gap, " I want to wear these" as he put it. I figured, "why not?" I just needed to find a top that would match with the jeans. Normally, I pair it will a yellow polo shirt, but that was no where in sight and time was not on my side. Frantically, I searched in his closet to find a shirt that would both match and Layth would willingly aware when I found this NWT " Indigo Star" purchased from Zulily.com. Upon seeing it, Layth put it on without hesitating. Before I realizing it, Layth was rocking the " hipster" looked, and with that he was ready to tackle his first day of school.

Layth's Would Be Outfit
Rockin his outfit
Enjoying his first day of school

No comments:

Post a Comment