Thursday, October 20, 2011

Rosemary Herb Chicken

Hello Everyone,
I know it has been a while since my last post, so I promise to make this worth your reading pleasure. Since I just really began cooking and venturing into new recipes, I decided today I would try something different, something the boys will actually eat. Normally, when I find myself with little time to prepare dinner or flat out tired, I will take a couple of chicken breasts from the freezer and marinate them in either a balsamic vinegar or Italian dressing for a few hours before putting them in the oven for forty five minutes. But quite frankly, I think the boys were getting tired of eating a plain marinated chicken breast. For instance, when Chafeek and I went out to watch " Memphis" the musical, I had prepared Layth a slice of chicken with fruit for dinner. I figured I would do something simple so when it came time for his babysitter, Tabitha, to feed him, he would not give her much of a battle. So when it came time for an intermission, I had the chance to call Tabitha and get an update on Layth, she informed he was simply picking at his chicken, ate all his fruit and was munching on snacks. It was then when I realized I needed to get a bit innovative with my chicken.
Yesterday, as I was taking some chicken breasts from the freezer, I decided I would search the web for a recipe that was quick yet appetizing when I stumbled upon this recipe. It was such a success both Layth and Chafeek ate it without cringing and actually enjoyed it!


Ingredients:
  • 2 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
  • 2 clove garlic cloves ( chopped)
  • 1tbsp of lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
  • 2tbsp of dried rosemary
Directions:
  1. 1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. Cover the chicken breasts with garlic, then sprinkle with rosemary, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Place in a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until done and juices run clear (baking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts).

No comments:

Post a Comment