Thursday, July 28, 2011

Making My Own Cake: Pineapple Upside Down Cake






Hi Everyone,
I know it's been a while, but Layth i.e. the little lion and I were in Florida for nearly three weeks with my parents soaking up the sun. It felt almost bittersweet coming back. While the vacation cannot last forever, it was amazing while it lasted. During my trip I was alleviated from my kitchen duties, which felt like such a sigh of relief. I did not have to dictate my day around deciding what to cook, when I was going to cook and if I had the ingredients. However, this did not deter me from learning a few new recipes to take back home to Memphis with me. Among those recipes was a quick and economical way to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake. All you need is: Duncan Hines Pineapple Supreme Cake Mix, 3 large eggs, one cake pan, aluminum foil, water, vegetable oil and a can of sliced pineapples. First, you will place the aluminum foil along the cake pan, give it a spray of Bakers Joy to avoid sticking, and then proceed to opening the canned pineapples. The can usually comes with ten slices, so I would advise you to spread them evenly along the pan. Put the pan aside and proceed to making the cake as instructed to do so on the box. Once you are done mixing everything, take the pan, and spread it along the pineapples on the pan and place in the oven as directed. Considering how clumsy I am, I did not attempt to turn the pan over but still tasted amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment